Home of the nationally recognized, state-of-the-art Riverside Aquatics Complex, as well as multi-field soccer complexes, baseball and softball fields, college stadiums, and other athletic complexes, Riverside consistently attracts California's and the nation's premier athletic competitions.
The leading voice for Riverside's sports-minded community is the Riverside Sports Commission. The Riverside Sports Commission is keenly aware that it takes more than exceptional venues to attract and retain prestigious athletic competitions. It takes close-knit collaboration between the commission, athletic event planning professionals, and Riverside's sports-minded institutions and broader community.
In order to ensure that event organizers achieve their objectives, the Riverside Sports Commission offers a wide variety of services to event organizers, including:
- Matching and acting as liaison between event organizers, local venues/facilities, hotel accommodations, sports medicine providers, fitness/training professionals, local governments and businesses
- Facilitating site inspections of athletic complexes
- Matching local volunteers with event organizers
- Matching event organizers with local event sponsors
- Arranging special restaurant and retail discounts
- Arranging special events for event management, staff and participants
- Assistance with public relations/media outreach
- 24/7 event management assistance
While Riverside takes pride in being the sixth largest city in Southern California, it takes greater pride in simultaneously being one of the smallest towns in America. Riverside is America's most hospitable city. That is why groups return again and again.
Riverside hospitality is one of the reasons that Riverside has earned the trust of national, prestigious organizations like AYSO, USA Water Polo, Southern California Junior Olympics, and USA Synchronized Swimming, all of which have held national championships in Riverside.
It is why the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) holds its annual swimming and diving championships, the largest high school swimming and diving competition in the United States. And why Riverside was recently honored to have been chosen to be the home of USA Synchronized Swimming's Elite Developmental National Training Center.
The Riverside Sports Commission is managed and operated by Raincross Hospitality Corporation. For more information, contact:
Debbi Guthrie, Director
(951) 222-4700 x 205
Shaheen Morales Roostai, Sales Manager
(951) 222-4700 x 204
Photo: Riverside Olympic Gold medalist swimmer Tyler Clary (London 2012) receiving a proclamation from Riverside mayor Rusty Bailey.